Did you know 31% of 5 year olds in Sheffield have 3-4 teeth affected by tooth decay?
Do you find it hard to get your children to brush their teeth?
Read our TOP TIPS to help protect your child’s teeth
- BUY Toothpaste with 1450 ppm Fluoride eg Tesco/Morrisons own brand kids. Children often prefer LESS MINT
- BRUSH Before Bed + once more – DON’T RINSE – it stops Fluoride working
- TRY the BRUSH DJ APP (FREE) – aim for 2 minutes brushing
- WEAN OFF BOTTLES AROUND AGE 1 – Bottles cause decay as drink is on teeth for longer
- WATER at night – Less saliva made at night so sugar from MILK/Sugary drinks NOT removed as well
- Make it FUN – let them brush your teeth, take turns, make noises
RING 111 or visit NHS website to find your nearest Dentist
Free Dental Care on NHS - Dentists can add Fluoride Varnish (from age 3) and fissure sealants (from age 6) to help protect teeth. These take a few minutes and are not painful